Glen Forrest Medical Centre is running flu clinics from the 12th April 2016.
To book your appointment Phone 9298 8555 and speak to one of our receptionists.
The National Immunisation Program is recommending the quadrivalent influenza vaccine.
The flu vaccine is available for anyone from six months of age. The best time to get the flu shot is autumn to allow time for your immunity to be strengthened before the flu season (June to September) starts. It is important to have the vaccine each year to continue to be protected because your immunity decreases over time and the flu strains change over time as well.
The flu vaccine is free for the following people:
• anyone aged 65 years and over
• Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people from 15 years of age
• pregnant women
• anyone over six months of age with one or more of the following medical conditions:
- heart disease
- severe asthma
- chronic lung condition
- chronic illness requiring medical follow-up or hospitalisation in the past year
diseases of the nervous system
- impaired immunity
• Children aged 6 months to 10 years who are on long-term aspirin therapy.