Our mission is to maintain and provide a high level of skill, medical knowledge, availability and comprehensive range of medical and community services in a friendly, respectful, informative and professional manner.
Dr Kris Scully
Dr Scully will be starting at the Glen Forrest Medical Centre on Tuesday 2nd of February 2021.
Information about the Coronavirus (COVID-19): Health Direct: Coronavirus
Department of Health: Daily Update
AN IMPORTANT MESSAGE FROM GLEN FORREST MEDICAL CENTRE
We remain open and are ready and willing to continue caring for our patients and our community.
You may be wondering what changes we have implemented in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
1. Our reception staff are very carefully triaging ALL patient bookings and we thank you, our patients, for your patience! This is one of the most important things we are doing, in order to keep the Medical Centre as clean and virus-free as possible.
As many of you will already be aware, anyone who fulfils the criteria for testing for COVID-19, is directed to a testing facility currently at our major Hospitals.
For others who have upper respiratory symptoms – sore throat, cough, fever, shortness of breath etc, and who have no history for high risk for COVID-19, are being asked to remain in their car, and one of our doctors will come out to meet you and assess you.
2. We have increased our infection control procedures and are endeavouring to ensure social distancing advice and disinfectant of hard surfaces and hands is practised with all interaction within the medical centre. We have made changes in our waiting room by spacing chairs and also at our reception desk to enact social distancing.
3. The Government have made available telephone consultations for everybody, commencing March 30, which are currently bulk-billed. Please be aware that patients who do not have a concession card may in the future be charged a private fee and be able to claim a rebate from Medicare. Please be aware that if you are ill, this is not likely something that can be assessed over the phone as we will still need to examine you to provide best care for you. Thus it is likely that you will be advised to present for a consultation.
4. Our flu immunisation clinics are commencing 21st April as always and will run 3 days a week for several weeks until demand drops.
5. Commencing towards the end April, we are planning to commence consultations under a tent/marquis, in our back carpark for those who:
a) Do not fulfil criteria for COVID-19 testing and thus cannot attend the ED for testing;
b) Present with sore throat, fever, cough etc.
As the situation is changing constantly, we will update you on a regular basis regarding proposed plans.
We encourage you to refer to our Website which will regularly update you with the current recommendations by the Health Department. If you fulfil the criteria for COVID-19 testing as per their guidelines, please do as advised and present to the COVID-19 clinics, please do NOT ignore recommendations and present to the Medical Centre. If you are advised to isolate, then please do so.
These recommendations have been put in place to ensure containment of the COVID-19 virus and avoid spread.
What you do matters to others, particularly at this time.
If you love your Nan/Nonna/Grandma/Pop/Nonno/Grandad, then do it for them!